Friday, March 4, 2016

Zombies

          A zombie is something in your life that you know exactly how to defeat but no matter how many times you beat it, it keeps coming back. My zombie is laziness. Beating laziness is simple, just do the thing you need to do. But I'm too tired, I want a snack, there's a million other things I'd rather do right now. I can beat laziness if I try but I'm too lazy to beat it. There are so many possible distraction that make laziness an easier option. Especially today with the internet at you finger tips you can basically do anything you want at any moment.
          Due to the fastness of processes done over computer our attention spans have been drastically lowered.  Reading, writing, and doing other forms of homework become more difficult since we are unable to focus. I constantly fall into the trap of distractions. I am focused on what I want to do next rather than what I am doing now therefore I can never finish want I am doing so I can get on to the next thing. Laziness is a zombie no matter how many times you shoot it down there is another zombie right behind to ready to distract you a prevent you from getting things done. I want to defeat my zombie but I'd rather do so many other things instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment