Friday, November 6, 2015

Home Is Where The Heart Is

The words home and house are used almost interchangeably. A house is a building where people live, but a home is much more. A home does not have to be a building or even a location, it is simply the place where you feel safe, accepted, and loved. The reason the words are used as synonyms is that many people find a home in their family or friends whom they live in a house with. You can have more than one home and it can be with an individual or groups of people. For me home is with my friends, the people who love and accept me more than anyone else. Home is where I feel safe to be myself. I find that these songs help to describe what home means to me In Home by Gabrielle Aplin she describes home as "...not just where you lay your head. It's not just where you make your bed. As long as we're together, does it matter where we go?" In Painting Roses by Dresses they say "...if home is where the heart is then I feel pretty stupid, my heart lies in your bones." Both of these songs describe home as being with a person. Home is a safe, happy, accepting, and loving place. Home is where your heart is, home is with the ones you love and who love you back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment